Thursday, October 26, 2006

Article Marketing Experiment: Does It Work, or Not?

I was going to give an update on this next month, as I'm only a week into my experiment, but I got so excited about the results so far that I wanted to share.

Also, I posted a comment (listed below) on another blogger's site. As it so happens, he had conducted a similar experiment in March of this year.

What was the experiment? Article marketing. I've been a user of this technique to a limited degree for the last 3 years or so. Wanting to create more passive income and having read so much about article marketing, I decided to give it a real try.

What prompted this whole thing is that I've been so swamped with projects this fall that I'm literally at the point where I realize that to keep the same income (gotta pay the mortgage!) and still have a life (ie, work less), I need to create more passive income.

With all that being said, read on for the results.

Be sure to click over to Yaro's blog to read a lot more on this if you're really interested.

POST CONTINUED BELOW
****************************
Like what you read here? Find the content useful and informative? Subscribe to the Inkwell Editorial feed (under the LINKS section to your right) to receive new content immediately upon publishing.
****************************
InkwellEditorial.com E-Course: Launch a Profitable Freelance Writing Career in 30 Days or Less -- Guaranteed! Coming in January.

At the end of this one week, five-step course, you will have a concrete business and marketing plan for your freelance enterprise. Even if you've been a freelancer for years, this course will help you "laser focus" your efforts and exponentially increase your income. Via this course, secure your first client within 30 days -- or your money back!

Make Money with Our Affiliate Program: As of this month, our e-books will be availabe via ClickBank!Learn everything you need to know to work from home as a Freelance Writer, Editor, Proofreader, etc. How?

Order an InkwellEditorial.com E-book. Receive 7 EBooks in All! Delivered right to your inbox immediately upon payment!
**************************

Yaro,

I read your post with great interest because I am one week into doing this very same test. [Note: I started the experiment on October 18th. I don't submit on the weekends and have missed one week day so far.]

I have been a freelance writer since 1993 and have been had a niche site online since 1999.

I’ve been a part of the Google Adsense program for about a year and a half. I’ve made decent pocket money with this program, without putting any effort into it. All I did was slap the ads on the pages and forgot them.

I’ve also been marketing with articles for about 3 years now — submitting to a few major directories a couple of times a month (mainly ezinearticles.com and ideamarketers.com).

Upon deciding that I wanted to create more passive income, I decided to give article marketing a REAL try. I decided to submit one article to 25 top-rated directories for 30 days straight.

Only a week into it, my Google Adsense income has quintupled (increased 5 times) and my subscriber rate has increased 3 fold. And this is after ONE WEEK.

Now, my site has been around a while, but my Alexa rank sucks (although my site does have a PR rank of 6).

[NOTE: The highest ranking I've ever enjoyed in Alexa is in the 800,00s. Now it's at 6,000,000+. But, I've never really understood SEO and don't worry about these things.]

Anyway, given these very early results, I’d say that article marketing does work. BUT, you only get out of it what you put into it. I’ve been submitting articles manually and it does take up a chunk of time — about 2 hours a day.

I’m always skeptical of “easy” money-making techniques, but I’d read so much about article marketing and had experienced newsletter growth from limited efforts with it in the past, so I wanted to see what it would be like if I really pushed it.

Now, if I could just get some feedback from users on which article submission software to use — that would be great.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I wanted your readers to have a complete picture so they could understand my conclusion about article marketing.

Continued success to you, and thanks for the post.

Sincerely,
Yuwanda Black,
PubliserInkwellEditorial.com
InkwellEditorial.blogspot.com
****************************
May be reprinted with the following, in full: Copyright, 2000-2050, Yuwanda Black, Publisher, InkwellEditorial.com: THE business portal for and about the editorial and creative industries. First-hand freelance success stories, e-courses, job postings, resume tips, advice on the business of freelancing, and more! Launch a Profitable Freelance Writing Career in 30 Days or Less -- Guaranteed! Log on to InkwellEditorial.com to learn how.
****************************
Like what you read here? Find the content useful and informative? Subscribe to the Inkwell Editorial feed (under the LINKS section to your right) to receive new content immediately upon publishing.

No comments: