Friday, June 20, 2008

How I Increased My Ebook Sales by 166% in Just 30 Days!

In Tuesday's post, I promised to update you on my article marketing success. I was supposed to do it yesterday, but a bear of a deadline was staring me right in the face. Sorry about that. Here's the update . . .

"I've sold 6 times more ebooks in the last 30 days than I did in the 30 days before that! That works out to a 166% increase in sales."
Even I'm shocked by it. Let me give you some specifics of how all of this panned out. Read the entire mini case study here.

Upcoming Changes at Inkwell Editorial that Affect You

As an aside, one of the changes I have in store for the site after the redesign (which is in progress right now) is longer, tutorial-like posts. The reason I decided to start doing this is that I think the web is maturing to a point where people no longer want skimmable content.

Especially when readers come to a blog like mine that touts, "How to Start a Successful Freelance Writing Career." You can find so much information on this subject on the web. A lot of it is regurgitated content that offers no real value.

I've always been longwinded as a writer, so I've decided to turn this into an asset. When I dispense information (write articles), I try to take the reader by the hand and walk them through a problem to a solution. This can rarely be done in 300, 400 or even 500 words. My posts tend to be in the 600-1,000 word range. Tuesday's post was close to 2,000 words. That's why I dubbed it a "tutorial."

My goal with longer posts is not to indulge my long-windedness (is that a word?), but to make the impression that if you want to know how to start a freelance writing career, this is the first site you should visit. Please pass this along. This has always been my purpose, but it is now my mantra, the very foundation of why the site exists.

I hope you will join me in this quest by becoming involved. Send in your questions, feedback, experiences, problems and alliances. To help the entire freelance writing community, it helps to have as many diverse experiences as possible.

Next Tuesday's Tutorial: On Tuesday, I'll explore content creation. A few things ran though my mind that I jotted down over the last month. These tips should help your content "go viral" and get the most bang out of your article marketing efforts.

Have a Burning Freelance Writing Question? I'm devoting the next issue of the newsletter (6/25) to questions from readers. So, if you have a question you want to ask me, send it in [info [at] InkwellEditorial.com]. I'll answer as many as I can (in truth, I'll try to get to all of them). If I don't have the answer, I'll tap some of my sources (time permitting).

If you've been wondering about a particular niche on freelance writing, have a marketing question, a how to deal with a client question, a pricing question -- anything on freelance writing (or blogging), just send it in. You can remain anonymous if you want.

Useful Freelance Writing Links
Ebooks on How to Start a Freelance Writing Career

Need to Drive Traffic to Your Website?

Get Affordable Content for Your Website, Ezine, Etc.

Advice, Tips, Case Studies & More on Freelance Writing

Enjoy the weekend everybody. I know I will. For the first time in over a month, I have no pressing deadlines hanging over my head that means I have to work on Sat/Sun.

Sincerely,
Yuwanda Black, Publisher
How to Start a Successful Freelance Writing Career Newsletter
P.S.: Want the liberty of working from home as a freelance writer in your PJs, getting assignments via the internet? Click here for more on How to Make $250+/Day Writing Simple, 500-Word Articles. All you need is a computer and an internet connection to get started.
***********************************************
Freelance Success Stories! There are freelancers who make very good livings at what they love. Inkwell Editorial’s newsletter features these successful professionals who put to rest the phrase, “starving freelancer.”

Previous Issue. Spotlight on How to Make $75,000 to $100,000/Year as an SEO Writer. In this issue, I dispense the 8 keys to my success as an SEO writer. There are some definites that must gel to find success in this field. I outline them all here. And of course, it’s based on my own personal experience. Subscribe to read this, and all previous, issues.

Current Issue. Spotlight on Newbie Freelancers. Wanna learn how one freelancer landed enough clients to quit his job in just 12 hours? And, there's also some blog warning tips if you're looking to move your blog from one platform to another -- and more. Subscribe to read this, and all previous, issues.
***********************************************
Copyright © 2008 InkwellEditorial.com: Freelance success stories, e-courses, advice on the business of freelancing, and more! Except where noted, no part of this site may be reproduced in any manner without the express, written consent of the publisher. Violators will be prosecuted.

No comments: