Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Will You Ever Make Money Blogging? Answer 1 Question to Find Out

In light of my recent blog debacle, I'm getting a new blog designed. Several people have written in asking me various questions about it. So I addressed them in today's post at BloggingTips.com.

One thing I want to say I've learned about getting a blog designed from scratch is that you have to put some thought into it. Choosing colors, layout and font type are all part of it. But, the most critical component to pay attention to when you're getting a blog designed from the ground up, so to speak, is purpose.

Do You Know Your Blog's Purpose?

As in, what purpose does your blog serve -- or would you like for it to serve. Every design decision you make should support this decision. Read more about it in How to Design the Perfect Blog for Your Business.

Also in this post is a link to a guest post I did which appeared on Meryl.net on Monday. It's all of the hard-learned lessons I gleaned from my recent blog troubles. That post is entitled
7 Things You Must Know Before Moving Your Blog.

Article Marketing Contest Update: No posts yesterday (will make up for the two I've missed so far by posting right through the weekend). I posted the article, How to Set SEO Writing Rates to Make $250-$500+/Day to Amazines today. Want to know more about article marketing? Click here.

Useful Freelance Writing Links
Get "How to Write from Home" Ebooks
Need to Drive Traffic to Your Website
Get Affordable Content for Your Website, Ezine, Etc.
Advice, Tips, Case Studies & More on Freelance Writing

Sincerely,
Yuwanda Black, Publisher
How to Start a Successful Freelance Writing Career Newsletter
P.S.: Want the liberty of working from home as a freelance writer in your PJs, getting assignments via the internet? Click here for more on How to Make $250+/Day Writing Simple, 500-Word Articles. All you need is a computer and an internet connection to get started.
***********************************************
Freelance Success Stories! There are freelancers who make very good livings at what they love. Inkwell Editorial’s newsletter features these successful professionals who put to rest the phrase, “starving freelancer.”

Previous Issue. Spotlight on How to Make $75,000 to $100,000/Year as an SEO Writer. In this issue, I dispense the 8 keys to my success as an SEO writer. There are some definites that must gel to find success in this field. I outline them all here. And of course, it’s based on my own personal experience. Subscribe to read this, and all previous, issues.

Current Issue. Spotlight on Newbie Freelancers. Wanna learn how one freelancer landed enough clients to quit his job in just 12 hours? And, there's also some blog warning tips if you're looking to move your blog from one platform to another -- and more. Subscribe to read this, and all previous, issues.
***********************************************
Copyright © 2008 InkwellEditorial.com: Freelance success stories, e-courses, advice on the business of freelancing, and more! Except where noted, no part of this site may be reproduced in any manner without the express, written consent of the publisher. Violators will be prosecuted.

2 comments:

BookingAlong said...

I really like your blog and am so glad to have found it. You've helped me think about the focus and purpose of mine :) I'm bookmarking your blog

Yuwanda Black said...

Thank you. If there's ever a topic you want to know about, just send in your question. I often get my best topic ideas from readers and really enjoy dispensing information.

And, welcome to the blog!

Yuwanda