Friday, December 22, 2006

Want to be a Freelance Writer? Achieve Your Life's Goal

Publisher's Note: This will be the last post of the year, so I wanted to leave with a little personal insight, instead of providing an article.

I turned 40 this year and spent it figuring out what I want to be "when I grow up."

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my profession, but I have to work so much and I realize it's not how I want to spend the rest of my life. So, throughout the year I really focused in detail on life -- and what I want from it.

POST CONTINUED BELOW
**************************
Make Money with Our Affiliate Program! Before year's end our e-books will be availabe via ClickBank. Stay tuned for details.

Our e-books cover everything you need to know to work from home as a Freelance Writer, Editor, Proofreader, etc. Receive 7 EBooks in All for One Low Price! Delivered right to your inbox immediately upon payment!

Freelance Writing E-course: Launch a Profitable Freelance Writing Career in 30 Days or Less -- Guaranteed!
**************************
The answers came and they are not earth shattering. What I realized that I want more than ever is more time with friends and family; more control over my income; and less stress. What WAS earth shattering about this for me is to make the "want" a "reality."

I'm not a person to accept the status quo; but I've been accepting this for years. What snapped me out of it? Achieving one of my life's goals: running a marathon.

Training for, running and finishing my first marathon (Atlanta, Thanksgiving Day 2006) made me realize that I can do anything I set my mind to (I spent almost a year training for the marathon). All I have to do is 'SET MY MIND TO IT."

Long story short, I answered the question of what I want to be when I grow up. And, I'm taking steps to get there. Before I did that however, I took some things into consideration, ie: how I want to spend the second half of my life.

I hope I have at least 40 more years, and I know I only want to work for 10 of those.

So, I needed to choose an income-generating industry that will pay well, but not take up too much of my time on a regular basis (remember, I'm trying to work less, but still keep the same lifestyle).

I've chosen my path -- real estate investor. I'm lucky in that I have trusted advisors who are in the business, so, I'm taking steps to make my dream a reality.

My questions to you are:

1. Are you satisified with your life as it is? If not, why?

2. What are you doing to change it?

3. Do you know where you want to be in 10, 15 or 20 years? Are you taking steps to get there? If not, why?

The time we have on this planet is so short -- my mom died at 45, and my dad at 47. At 40, I am more acutely aware than most of how short and precious life is. So, if you're not living the life you want -- change it.

Want to be a freelance writer? Do it! (sign up for the e-course, Freelance Writing E-course: Launch a Profitable Freelance Writing Career in 30 Days or Less -- Guaranteed!)

Want to lose 25 lbs? Do it!

In a bad relationship? Ditch it!

Whatever your circumstance is, only YOU have the power to change it. It may not be instant, but the longest journey starts with the first step. Take it!

Happy holidays, and see you after the first of the year.

Sincerely,
Y. Black, Publisher
InkwellEditorial.com
InkwellEditorial.blogspot.com
**************************
Copyright Notice: Read my copyright notice to the right and adhere to it -- or, Santa will boycott you -- this year and next. And, Rudolph? Well, he's one angry deer when he's wronged!
**************************
Like what you read here? Find the content useful and informative? Subscribe to the Inkwell Editorial feed (under the LINKS section to your right) to receive new content immediately upon publishing. OR, email your address to subscribe and receive job listings -- immediately!

No comments: