Friday, February 29, 2008

SEO Writing: A Case Study Continued

Today we check in on SEO Mary. Who is she? What’s she all about. To read the entire series from the beginning, following these links: Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V. Following is the latest installment, Part VI.

The last time we left SEO Mary, she was having problems completing her first assignment from her first client.

She wrote:

EMAIL FROM MARY ABOUT PROBLEMS WITH HER FIRST SEO WRITING ASSIGNMENT

... he's [the client] sent back my first piece TWICE for a re-write. The first one he said was too article-like/blog post-like for a category page. The second was too keyword heavy and wasn't talking TO the site's potential clients, but AT them. All well and good and I'm happy to rework them. We even chatted on the phone tonight and I got more feedback and I've just sent off the piece again.

In addition to (or perhaps, because of) client problems, doubt had started to creep in on Mary. She addressed this by writing:

EMAIL FROM MARY ABOUT HER DOUBTS & A RESOLUTION SHE MADE

A small part of me worries that I just won't "get" this. But I know that's impossible. I may make mistakes and missteps and very possibly lose a client -- or two or three or four or even five -- before I do "get" it. But I'm not giving up. I've set a deadline: If I'm not making at least $250/week by April 5 (three months after my first query), I may decide to hang it up.

Click here to read the rest.

Today's Freelance Writing Jobs

Informal Web Content Writer - Day Spa & Massage

Freelance Writers - St. Louis Metromix

Freelance Graphic Designer (['ll often apply to jobs like this b/c if they hire creative freelance talent like graphic designers, 9 times out of 10, they hire (and need) freelance writers too)

Writers needed for new Publication Launching this spring! (I often send in my information to ads like this b/c as a publication, there will come a time when they need freelancers).

Bilingual Writers (Freelance)

Content Writer for Web Developer

Write content for iNeTours.com

Bloggers

Monday's Post: I've got my hackles up a bit. About what? Well, twice this week I've been offered writing "opportunities." I'll share my thoughts on Monday about why opportunities is in quotation marks and why I got so pissed!

In the meantime, have a good weekend everybody. I have a minor road trip coming up. Me and my sister who lives in the same subdivision as I do are going to see our baby sister (baby to me b/c she's almost 15 years younger), who lives a couple of hours away. Yeah for road trips -- I love'em!

Yuwanda Black, Publisher
http://inkwelleditorial.com/
http://inkwelleditorial.blogspot.com/
http://seo-article-writer.com/
http://seo-articles-for-sale.com/
How to Start a Successful Freelance Writing Career Newsletter
P.S: Want to learn how to make at least $250/day writing simple 500-word articles? Read how here.
***********************************************
Read Freelance Success Stories! There are freelancers who make very good livings at what they love. Inkwell Editorial's newsletter features these successful professionals who put to rest the phrase, "starving freelancer." Subscribe to read this, and all previous, issues.

Previous Issue: Interview with author and freelance writer Misti Sandefur. Also, info on 4 quick, simple things I do on a daily basis to increase traffic to my website and blog (and you can too!); how I made $4,000 in 30-days from one client -- and a whole lot more!

Current Issue. Spotlight on How to Make Money Online: An interview with internet marketer Pat B. Doyle. Pat shares tips on how to make passive income online via affiliate marketing; some common mistakes online entrepreneurs make; and some free and low-cost methods to make money online. There's more also. Subscribe to read this, and all previous, issues.
***********************************************
Copyright © 2008 InkwellEditorial.com: Freelance success stories, e-courses, advice on the business of freelancing, and more! Except where noted, no part of this site may be reproduced in any manner without the express, written consent of the publisher. Violators will be prosecuted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your article is value. I am a newbie in this realm.


----------------------------
My Cave -- SEROs & Trade

Anonymous said...

Glad it helped!