Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Guest Posts, Article Marketing Contest & Blog Update

Today's post is a hodge podge.

Blog Difficulty Update. I've moved BACK to blogger. It's 10:15pm EST and I'm dead tired. What does this have to do with my blog trouble? It's taken hours out of my work day, leaving me backlogged and pissed beyond belief. But, like most things in life, it's a blessing in disguise.

I've been wanting to have my blog professionally designed and hosted on my own domain for about a year now. So, in light of this debacle, I'm biting the bullet and getting it done. Just hired a firm, and it should be completed by the end of the first week of June -- at the lastest.

To repeat, I've left wordpress and will continue to blog here -- for at least the next three to four months, if not longer. This URL has good search engine juice, and until I can get my new blog established, I'm just gonna keep updating this one.

Guest Posting Opportunity at an Established Blog: Meryl.net, which gets 4000-5000 visitors a day and has been online since 2000 is seeking guest posters. Meryl, the "maven" behind the content there is going on vacation and for the first time is opening up her blog to guest posters. I've already hopped on this wonderful opportunity and submitted my guest post!

FYI, guest posting is an excellent way to drive traffic to your site/blog, especially when it's written for an established blog like Meryl's. Meryl writes:

Authors get entries into author-only prizes for their contributions. Articles can cover any of the following: Writing, Freelancing, Marketing, Web site design, usability, etc., and/or Technology.

Find full details here.

Article Marketing Contest Update: I submitted the article Make Money w/Instantly Downloadable Ebooks: Turn into an e-Junkies to Amazines.com. I also posted it to AssociatedContent.com, which I've come to think of as more of a social bookmarking/article marketing site. I explain why in this post (start reading at the subheading Why I'm Making More Money with AssociatedContent (AC) Since They STOPPED Paying For My Content).

Two bright spots of news today: Had a phone consult with a potential new client. Once I sign their confidentiality agreement, they said work would be forthcoming. So, I go to bed a bit frustrated at the technological side of my business, but always grateful for the this thing I call -- the freelance life!

On a personal note, an impromptu dinner invite from my girlfiend, who cooked a delicious meal. The three of us (me, her and my fiance) had a grand time. Even though we live in the same subdivision, we don't get to see each other that much. What I particularlarly loved about this was that it broke up my routine. Socializing on a week night, lord it's been so long. I DO need to get out more!

One load of laundry to put in, a bed to make up, a shower to take -- and I'm off to sandman land!

Hope your Tuesday was indeed grand.
Yuwanda
http://inkwelleditorial.com/
http://inkwelleditorial.blogspot.com/
http://seo-article-writer.com/
http://seo-articles-for-sale.com/
How to Start a Successful Freelance Writing Career Newsletter
P.S.: Want the liberty of working from home as a freelance writer in your PJs, getting assignments via the internet? Click here for a selection of ebooks on how to start a successful career as a home-based freelance writer. All you need is a computer and an internet connection to get started.

No comments: