Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One Email -- $2,000 Worth of Work!

Before I get to the title of today's email, just want to let you know in case you've been following along that I wrapped up the unofficial six-part series on internet marketing over at BloggingTips.com today. I end it with a look at how to place a traffic-drawing, sales-increasing online ad.

Not the mechanics of it, mind you, but some concrete guidelines to keep in mind as you go about trying to figure out where to place an ad, for how long, how to write it, etc. I hope you've enjoyed this series.

One Email -- $2,000 Worth of Work!

I addressed the question of how to find freelance writing jobs in this post on Copyblogger.com yesterday. The comments to it really highlight what I've been saying all along, ie, "In spite of the economy, there is tons of work out there." Proof?

I did an e-blast to about 50 contacts on Monday and got in about $2,000 worth of work this week -- with several more "maybes" on other projects.

FYI, I rarely send eblasts to this many contacts. I usually do 1-5 contacts per day, but wanted to fulfill a "quota" since I'd been a little lax in marketing the last couple of weeks. And this is why I don't; I usually get overwhelmed. But as the holidays are coming, I'm grateful.

Freelance Writers are in Demand

In speaking with two clients (internet marketing firms), they told me they are busier than ever.

You have to market to bring in the work though. If you do this consistently, you will get work -- it's almost guaranteed. I receive emails all the time about how I get work, which was the impetus for the ebook How to Find Unpublished Freelance Writing Jobs. Within, I disclose all the methods I've used for years to ferret out freelance writing jobs.

One thing I can tell you is that "unpublished" freelance writing jobs are so much easier to get because there's less competition. You'll rarely look at a job board again if you market like this.

Now I'm off to kill off some deadlines!

Sincerely,
Yuwanda
Contact: info *at* InkwellEditorial.com
P.S.: Make money selling ebooks online. How? Sign up to our ebook affiliate program and get a cut of every ebook we sell.

Recent Hot Blog Topics
Where are the Freelance Writing Jobs? Find out in the 2008-2009 Freelance Writing Jobs Report

Why Being Told Your Freelance Writing Rates are Too High is a Good Thing

How Would You Like to Make $1,000 in an Hour?

How to Start a Freelance Writing Career in 24 Hrs or Less for $0
***********************************************
Freelance Success Stories! There are freelancers who make very good livings at what they love. Inkwell Editorial’s newsletter features these successful professionals who put to rest the phrase, “starving freelancer.”

Current Issue: How to Make $500/Month or in Passive Income. Wouldn't it be nice to create a passive income stream that brought in $500, 1,000, or $3,000 a month or more? Affiliate marketing can do this. Interviews with three successful affiliate marketers reveal how. One is only 25 years old and is working on his first five-figure month after only 9 months! Subscribe to read this, and all previous, issues.
***********************************************
Copyright © 2008 InkwellEditorial.com. Except where noted, no part of this site may be reproduced in any manner without the express, written consent of the publisher. Violators will be prosecuted.

No comments: