Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Get Specifc to Get More Freelance Writing Work

You’re going to have to bear with me to get to today’s freelance writing tip of the day, but it’s worth it, I swear!

Eat, Pray, Love for More Freelance Writing Work!

Right now, I’m reading Eat, Pray, Love. You Oprah fans know the book I’m referring to. It’s a New York Times best seller that’s basically about one woman’s journey of self-discovery that began with her desire NOT to have a child. When I first heard of it, I thought, great, another middle-class suburban woman who has it made complaining about life.

As a side note, I have very little patience for what we in America term “suffering.” Maybe it’s because I’m black and grew up poor, but I don’t believe most of us in the country come close to knowing what suffering is. Our suffering is due to our lack of keeping up with the Joneses.

Soldiers on the front line suffer, children who got to sleep with distended bellies from hunger suffer. Most of us don’t suffer. But, I digress.

My fiancé bought me the book and as I began to read it, I could have pooped myself from the shame of prejudging. How enlightening. So, you may be thinking, what the heck does this have to do with the topic of this post – finding freelance work quickly? Hold your horses, I’m getting there!

At one point in the book, the main character is in an ashram in India praying and meditating. She recounts why it’s important to be specific when you pray. Now, not to get all religious, but the point of her story is, if you can’t get specific about your needs, then how do you expect the universe (God) to grant them to you? Of course, God knows what you want, but He wants to know if you know what you want. Powerful stuff, huh?

Freelance Writing Quick Tip of the Day

So, my Freelance Writing Quick Tip for today is to get specific about what you want from your freelance writing career. Instead of saying, "I want to make enough to quit my job," or "I want a “successful” freelance career", quantify that.

For example, by the end of April, I will land my first client who will give me a project worth at least $200. By the end of 2008, I will be juggling 5-10 projects a week and making at least $200/day. I will quit my job by March 30, 2009. My monthly income will be $4,000-$5,000 month. State your intent as fact, not as "I'm going to be . . . "

When you get very, very specific about your needs, it clues the universe in that you’re serious about your intent. When you get serious, you put some thought into it (and therein lies the specificity). Then, the universe gets serious about giving you what you want.

Now, that doesn’t mean that you’ll get exactly what you want; but you are guaranteed to get what you need. And the funny thing is, what you need is often soooo much better than what you thought you wanted.

How Getting Specific in the Last Week Is Getting Me Out of Credit Card Debt – for Good!

I started doing this about a week ago. I’ve had a few credit cards with balances that I want to pay off. But, I haven't been too specific about when, ie, "I'll do it by the end of the year." While that's a target goal, it's not a specific goal. Now that it's specific, I'm paying attention to how I spend chunks of my time--how I market, to whom, charging what, doing what kind of work, etc.

When I read this passage about a week and a half ago, I assigned a payoff date to all of my debt – even my mortgage. And voila, this week, a boatload of work has been dumped in my lap which will allow me to make some real headway.

Since I read this passage in the book (it’s on page 177 if you have a copy of the book and aren’t there yet) I’ve been moving through every day with a more defined purpose. My thinking is, “Holy moly, this new age crap really works!” Seriously though, I know it’s because when you focus, you take steps to make things happen instead of letting things happen to you.

Now, that’s my final word on this “not so quick freelance writing” tip of the day. Check out the jobs below, and get busy moving purposefully through each day.

New Freelance Writing Ebooks on the Way!

Don’t forget, I will be releasing two new ebooks within the next couple of weeks -- How to Find Unpublished Freelance Writing Jobs and How to Start a Popular, Profitable Freelance Writing Blog. View all of Inkwell Editorial’s current titles on freelance writing here.

Purposefully yours,
Yuwanda Black, Publisher
http://inkwelleditorial.com/
http://inkwelleditorial.blogspot.com/
http://seo-article-writer.com/
http://seo-articles-for-sale.com/
How to Start a Successful Freelance Writing Career Newsletter
P.S: Want to learn how to make at least $250/day writing simple 500-word articles? Read how here.
***********************************************
Today’s Freelance Writing Jobs / SEO Writing Jobs
Note about job listings: I list positions that offer immediate work – and future work. Keeping your pipeline full requires taking a long-range approach and thinking out of the box (eg, sending in your credentials to FT postings). That's why explanations may be given w/some listings.

Inkwell Editorial Freelance SEO Article Writer: I need two SEO articles written. Keyword phrase: "Completion fluids". Read more about that here. 5oo words each. $25 per article. Deadline: Thursday at Noon. I pay via PayPal upon completion of the assignment. You can write anything you want on the subject, but the articles must have a keyword density of between 3-5% for the keyword phrase.

To apply, send a link to your online writing profile to Info[at]Inkwell Editorial.com. Put "Completion Fluids Writer" in the subject line. Please note: Due to the volume of email I usually get when I send out a job announcement, I will only respond to the writer I'm interested in working with. All other inquiries will be kept on file for future consideration. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Freelance Writer Editor

Web Content Providers

Legal Info for Consumer Site Needs Writers

Freelance Writer

Freelance Writer

Web Content Assistant (good one to have your resume on file with)

Web Content Writer (good one to get your credentials on file with)

Freelance Writing Jobs from the Public Request Section of Constant-Content.com (Read more about this here)

Title: Yorkshire Dales Accommodation
Description: The types of holiday accommodation available to choose from in the Yorkshire Dales area of Northern England.
Price: $10-20
Article amount: 1
Content length: 300
Subjects: Yorkshire Dales Accommodation Yorkshire Dales Hotel Yorkshire Dales Cottage Yorkshire Dales Camping Sites Yorkshire Dales Caravan Sites Yorkshire Dales Pubs & Inns Notes: Informal style, singular and plural use of the subjects can be used.

Title: Dubai Real Estate Articles
Description: I need a number of articles for a real estate website which markets luxury new construction homes and commercial developments in Dubai to international buyers. I request only full right usage of these articles. In the near future I will also need articles for blog updates with content rich information that is useful to perspective international buyers of property in Dubai. So there will be the opportunity for alot of writing here.
Price: $20-30
Article amount: 10
Content length: 400-600
Subjects: freehold property in dubai, corporate tax and income tax in dubai, living in dubai, obtaining work or residential visas in dubai, benefits of owning property in dubai, financing a home in dubai, dubai islands, dubailand, investing in dubai, dubai megaprojects and much more will be needed.
Notes: I am open to other ideas and content that would provide valuable information to international perspective buyers of real estate in Dubai, in particular the target markets of North America, the UK and Australia (basically the predominantly english speaking countries.

Title: Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigues, pain-unknown cause, Multiple Sclerosis
Description: Medically oriented articles, fact based, and personal stories, experiences, accounts AP style professional format
Price: $40-50
Article amount: 5-6
Content length: 400-600
Subjects: Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, pain-unknown cause, Multiple Sclerosis Women\'s History month(March 2008)
Notes: Authors/Articles that meet qualifying criteria may be utilized monthly, long-term opportunities. Prices paid for ownership of article/posting. No other usage or sale.

Title: Web Project Manager - Paul Rozario
Description: - A description of the seder meal, at Passover, - An intro that ties it into upcoming Easter - The significance of each food item in the seder meal, what the prayers mean, etc. - the historical significance of seder
Price: $30-40
Article amount: 1
Content length: 500-600
Subjects: - A description of the seder meal, at Passover, - An intro that ties it into upcoming Easter - The significance of each food item in the seder meal, what the prayers mean, etc. - the historical significance of seder
Notes: I need this by Thursday Mar 13, 2008 at the latest

1 comment:

Lori said...

Isn't that a fantastic book? I downloaded it and listened to it over a series of weeks. It touches parts of your spirit, doesn't it?

By the way, I'm to mention that I saw your offer on Jennifer's site... ;))